Monday 29 October 2012

Recuperation


I wake feeling worse than the day before, my body feeling those bruises and cuts even more, ignoring the pain I pull myself out of the furs and break my fast on bread and fruit, washing it down with mead, I am going to need the pain numbing effect.

I head out to the mill and find an axe and start chopping wood. I soon get into a rhythm and my mind starts to flood with thoughts about where I am from? Where was I going? Am I married?


At noon I take my break and have some more food to keep up my strength. 

I head over to Gilfre and she pays me for the work done so far, very nice of her. 



We spend some time chatting a bit more and then I head back to chop some more wood.

I resolve to stay here until I am back to full health and have some money accumulated before deciding my next move. 


No comments:

Post a Comment