Saturday 2 March 2013

Skyrim Dragonborn - Retaking Thirsk Quest

When I heard that some of the old landmarks from Morrowind-Bloodmoon were still in the game I was pretty excited to explore them all over again.

One of the best memories I have of Bloodmoon was the Thirsk (picture below) Quests culminating in you becoming the Chieftain and running the Mead Hall.


One of the first places in the game I visited was the Thirsk area and stumbled across Bujold's Retreat which is one way of triggering on side of the Thirsk Quest line. Once I spoke to Bujold and discovered that they were kicked out of Thirsk by Reiklings and want your help to get it back. I thought to myself great! here we go, I will be running the Mead Hall soon. From the UESP Wiki


 'Agree to join the assault on Thirsk Mead Hall and kill all the rieklings in the mead hall. When it's done, talk to Bujold. She asks you to accompany her to Hrothmund's Barrow. Enter the barrow with Bujold and help her regain her leadership title. When Hrothmund's spirit tells her she's not worthy to remain a leader, you can either agree to lie to her crew and tell them she's still their leader, or tell her she won't get away with the lie. If you take the latter option, she will turn on you, and you must kill her. Upon returning with Bujold to Thirsk Mead Hall, you will be confronted by her husband Kuvar. You can either lie about what happened, as you agreed, or expose Bujold's intentions. Exposing the lie will lead to Bujold being exiled from the hall.'






So no Chieftain and running the Mead Hall  as a reward for you here! I was pretty miffed! then to make it worse I read up on the UESP Wiki that if you side with the Reiklings and do the Thirsk Quest from their side, which is similar to the Bloodmoon version, you can become the Chieftain that way.

All too late for me!! more cursing!!

I thought the quest design was a bit off as the Mead Hall should be run by Nords after-all not Reiklings?????



No comments:

Post a Comment