Friday 23 August 2013

Something Bigger Comes Along

 

After learning a lot in my Hunters Guild MOD, I wanted to sink my teeth into something bigger. I wanted to create a separate 'World Space'.

The idea I had in mind was to create a 'Lost Valley' which was accessible via a cave through a mountainside. I wanted the 'Lost Valley' to be an Ancient Nord settlement, which has fallen mostly to ruin, which is currently inhabited by Nords who rediscovered it. However they wish to keep their piece of paradise a secret from the rest of Skyrim.

So with the basic concept I set about working on some of the details. The first was a good location to place the entrance. As before finding a 'clean' space in Skyrim is tricky especially if you have secondary requirements like mine, I need a mountain for the entrance.

Next was to think about names, of the cave, the 'Lost Valley' itself and the people living there, to suit the concept, so Nordic names for sure.

Of course what was the 'Lost Valley' going to look like.

What type of buildings were going to be found there.

Anything else that might motivate this desire by the inhabitants to keep everything a secret.

So stay tuned to see how this comes about.

No comments:

Post a Comment