Friday 13 September 2013

Sigrun Dal - MOD - Secret Valley

The next phase of the MOD was to create the 'Secret Valley' itself.

I wanted it to have a stream or body of water at the bottom of the valley to sustain the inhabitants with fresh water and fish. The source would be melt-water from the surrounding slopes. The valley itself would have steep slopes that could not be scaled thereby ensuring no one can enter or exit by that means. I also wanted the valley to have two halves, one where the population lives and the other would be uninhabited so wild animals could live there side by side providing food in times of serious shortages but otherwise unmolested.

With the basic ground built I began work on the details, starting with the actual entry / exit point. From the last post you can see that once you find the obscured cave passage leading to the Guard Room you can enter the valley from a doorway. Now on the other side of that doorway is where I began detailing the valley.

From the valley side the doorway entrance resembles a Nordic Tomb, which is what it was long ago.

Next I worked on the path leading down to the valley. Creating it out of a stone to contrast with the snow all around. I also added in trees and other details to bring it to a near finished state.

Further down the path I added a Nordic Arch similar to that found in front of the entrance to the cave in Skyrim.


I have also added a few other details that I will cover in the next post, so stay tuned.



1 comment: